Skip to main content

Beauty In The Struggle


After I notched another trade show under my belt, I reflected on the show and what I like about the fishing industry. As I chatted with one of the show company employee she relayed that she had never been fishing or hunting. I felt sorry for she has not seen the world wake up or the struggle for life in a secluded back water creek. Then the reflection turned to why I wanted her to see these things. Life is a struggle and to view it is not to live it. We as outdoorsman see the world in its most primal state and yet we find beauty in the fight for life. Every aspect of our fishing and hunting sport takes advantage of the basic survival instinct. Are morbid spectators or “top of the food chain”? Everyone has a different answer to that question. For me I can only say that I am a part of the dance, I in no way live in the disillusion that I am top of the feed chain.  Even in all its savage glory the circle of life is a beautiful dance in and of itself. This is the part of the fishing and hunting that I try to show to others. Conveying my interpretation of the struggle of life helps me to better appreciate and pay more attention. As humans we must teach and pass along knowledge. Therefore I will take little miss trade show fishing and show her my love of the outdoor world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO FEAR??????

NO FEAR my ass, I am scared to death! For me I find this statement concerning. I have spent a large portion of my life in the service of others. Be it as a soldier, a security professional or a pseudo parent protection has been my life for longer than I care to remember. During my rough and tumble life I have been on both side of the coin, I have done good things for/too bad people and bad things for/too good people with ramifications that left scars all over my life. During my career I have seen great people and had the pleasure to speak candidly about some of the work they did. Across the board from all I spoken to, they all point to the standard definition of hero “one who does the job even though fear is paramount”. It is amazing that most never consider themselves hero’s just people doing the job as needed. In that I see and feel the same driving force: fear (like pain) reminds me I am alive and guides me. Fear makes me think, rethink, prepare, pack, unpack and repack. I vividly r

Mei Wei for Lunch

As always Mei Wei continues to amaze and surprise. One of the true restaurant finds of my time in Raleigh. A small family owned establishment that creates some truly superb dishes. Egg drop wonton soup and red curry fit the bill for today!!!

My prayer for my children

I pray you fly but never fall May you want but never need Learn to live with all you have Find hope in your weakness See success in your failures Live as if there is no tomorrow Love without fear of being hurt Dance and sing from your heart Believe and trust in yourself Cherish time and enjoy the ride