Skip to main content

Close Your Eyes and See

I saw a poster the other day and it said we close our eyes to kiss, cry and dream. Unfortunately it did not sink in until I get frustrated, took a breath and closed my eyes. The wheels began to spin and I began to look back at some of the times in my life which truly molded me. From anger to yearning all of these (good or bad) held one simple tick: I closed my eyes. From birth we are taught to close your eyes and magic happens. Fast forward to puberty and we (thanks to Hollywood and sappy love stories) hold our breath, close our eyes and hope our kiss is requited. Then I began to remember the bad, the conflicts the anger and those times in which the monster looked back at me; and there is it. No matter how bad there always seemed to be that split second of clarity gleaned from my eyes being closed. Then we come to the core of ourselves, the inner spiritual realm that grounds use. No matter what we believe, feel or think we all close our eyes and ask for help. Now I am at a purely existential quandary! Let’s start over, from the second we begin life we are evolving. For several months of our lives we are forming without sight. Nature gave us the ability to compensate for a lost sense by increasing others yet I feel it truly a deeper inner peace that we are over looking. WTF? Stop and think for a second at how grounded and calm you feel after you stop, close your eyes and breathe. Is it that when our eyes are closed we see our true selves? It the darkness a calming soothing relief from life? Does the lack of sight allow us to slow down and think? Many questions with many answers; yet all true and valid. So when we hope we close our eyes, when we ask for help we close our eyes, when our heart flutters we close our eyes and when we rest to dream we close our eyes. Amazing how one simple act can calm, inspire and ground us while helping us to reach our goals and aspirations. I guess I gotta start paying attention to when I close my eyes and really accept that I need it. It is built in us to close our eyes when danger is near, no thought needed pure reaction and happens in a split second. Now we begin to see the value of closing our eyes: to protect us, focus us and give us the spark to drive on. Still a load of BS and I am merely taking up your time with yet another wasted blog? When fear or anger come to your life: take a second to see if closing your eyes works. Give it a try and pay attention to how often you already do it. One sight begets another and all we are is in our heads so close your eyes and have a look!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO FEAR??????

NO FEAR my ass, I am scared to death! For me I find this statement concerning. I have spent a large portion of my life in the service of others. Be it as a soldier, a security professional or a pseudo parent protection has been my life for longer than I care to remember. During my rough and tumble life I have been on both side of the coin, I have done good things for/too bad people and bad things for/too good people with ramifications that left scars all over my life. During my career I have seen great people and had the pleasure to speak candidly about some of the work they did. Across the board from all I spoken to, they all point to the standard definition of hero “one who does the job even though fear is paramount”. It is amazing that most never consider themselves hero’s just people doing the job as needed. In that I see and feel the same driving force: fear (like pain) reminds me I am alive and guides me. Fear makes me think, rethink, prepare, pack, unpack and repack. I vividly r

My prayer for my children

I pray you fly but never fall May you want but never need Learn to live with all you have Find hope in your weakness See success in your failures Live as if there is no tomorrow Love without fear of being hurt Dance and sing from your heart Believe and trust in yourself Cherish time and enjoy the ride

Mei Wei for Lunch

As always Mei Wei continues to amaze and surprise. One of the true restaurant finds of my time in Raleigh. A small family owned establishment that creates some truly superb dishes. Egg drop wonton soup and red curry fit the bill for today!!!