Skip to main content

Simple Words

Since I was born I was taught (and sometimes forced) to speak in front of people. Thank you for that mom and dad! In my early days I thought that using the biggest longest most complex words made me seem smart.  Sadly I failed all too often at using my big words correctly. As I grew up and learned more I realized that we (and I mean all of us) cater our dialog to our audience. I speak completely different when I am in a country setting than I do when I am presenting in a corporate setting. For the longest time I thought of this as fake or hiding but it is truly just me being me. You calling BS yet? Thinks about it, do you curse smoke and drink in front of everyone? No, why? Any number of reasons comes to mind but respect is at the top of my list. So how do big words and respect tie together? We base our entirety of life on experiences we have seen lived or painted for ourselves. In all of those the simplest words are the most sincere.  Yet most simple words bare volumes to explain and/or understand. I have a few words and phrases tattooed on my but the ones that define my life are simply “I CAN” and “I WILL”. Funny how a three and four letter word defines my existence on this earth yet they do completely and concisely explain me.  This all came to light in a few conversations as of late. Spewing all of upper level educations and libraries of knowledge we decipher the world at every level and marvel at how we understand it all. But in all that wisdom simple words define it all. Words like love, trust, hope and peace come to mind as solutions to most of the world’s issues. Simple words again shine through and bring the light of hope beaming in. But do we use these simple words correctly? Sometimes but the real question is do we use these honestly. We use simple words to get to most elemental state with quick simplicity yet we often fail at being truthful. Simple words have deep meanings with longer explanations therefore use them accordingly but never forget to be honest. Simple words bare great meaning so you them carefully. Say simple words often, say them honestly and watch as these are amplified in your life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO FEAR??????

NO FEAR my ass, I am scared to death! For me I find this statement concerning. I have spent a large portion of my life in the service of others. Be it as a soldier, a security professional or a pseudo parent protection has been my life for longer than I care to remember. During my rough and tumble life I have been on both side of the coin, I have done good things for/too bad people and bad things for/too good people with ramifications that left scars all over my life. During my career I have seen great people and had the pleasure to speak candidly about some of the work they did. Across the board from all I spoken to, they all point to the standard definition of hero “one who does the job even though fear is paramount”. It is amazing that most never consider themselves hero’s just people doing the job as needed. In that I see and feel the same driving force: fear (like pain) reminds me I am alive and guides me. Fear makes me think, rethink, prepare, pack, unpack and repack. I vividly r

Mei Wei for Lunch

As always Mei Wei continues to amaze and surprise. One of the true restaurant finds of my time in Raleigh. A small family owned establishment that creates some truly superb dishes. Egg drop wonton soup and red curry fit the bill for today!!!

My prayer for my children

I pray you fly but never fall May you want but never need Learn to live with all you have Find hope in your weakness See success in your failures Live as if there is no tomorrow Love without fear of being hurt Dance and sing from your heart Believe and trust in yourself Cherish time and enjoy the ride