Skip to main content

You Amaze Me

You amaze me! I look at you and it makes me want to be a better person. To many times I see this but forget, get to busy or am embarrassed to tell you. To many times in life we don’t see what others see in us. We can never truly be all that people see us as (or we’d all be super heroes) and therefore we don’t see it. But know you inspire and amaze me! I have built my life on my word and my deeds but you only make we want to do more. As I sat in four funerals last year, I was dumbfounded by one thought: did I tell them what they meant? Sadly I hung my head in shame. To many times we stand at the end and speak of a life but they did not know it and they dang sure ain’t hearing it at that point. Even as you read this you have no idea what you did, said or caused me to write this. This is not a futile attempt to announce some disease that is taking my life, I want you know what you mean to me without a cause. In your eyes I see hope and that helps we keep my faith. With your laughter I hear the child’s joy that warms my heart. In your confidence to share your inner thoughts I feel honored to bear your burden. Even in your tears I see hope, for you cry because you love, you lost, you missed or are missed and in all that I see a belief that you can love. Yet with all these facets and sides on image shines about them all: you are the same person at all times! There is no air of superiority or condescending tone just you being you and for that I will be me! As my life seems to cave in you persevere and prosper. In that baffling thought I see that you take life in stride and live as you can. In the immortal words: change what you can, accept what you can’t and learn to blend the two into your own painting! Thanks for being you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO FEAR??????

NO FEAR my ass, I am scared to death! For me I find this statement concerning. I have spent a large portion of my life in the service of others. Be it as a soldier, a security professional or a pseudo parent protection has been my life for longer than I care to remember. During my rough and tumble life I have been on both side of the coin, I have done good things for/too bad people and bad things for/too good people with ramifications that left scars all over my life. During my career I have seen great people and had the pleasure to speak candidly about some of the work they did. Across the board from all I spoken to, they all point to the standard definition of hero “one who does the job even though fear is paramount”. It is amazing that most never consider themselves hero’s just people doing the job as needed. In that I see and feel the same driving force: fear (like pain) reminds me I am alive and guides me. Fear makes me think, rethink, prepare, pack, unpack and repack. I vividly r

My prayer for my children

I pray you fly but never fall May you want but never need Learn to live with all you have Find hope in your weakness See success in your failures Live as if there is no tomorrow Love without fear of being hurt Dance and sing from your heart Believe and trust in yourself Cherish time and enjoy the ride

Mei Wei for Lunch

As always Mei Wei continues to amaze and surprise. One of the true restaurant finds of my time in Raleigh. A small family owned establishment that creates some truly superb dishes. Egg drop wonton soup and red curry fit the bill for today!!!